FOUNDATION for ACADEMIC and VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
(St. Maarten Academy)
SCHOOL-PARENT CONTRACT (STUDENT/PARENT/TEACHER/ADMINISTRATOR CONTRACT)
The purpose of this School-Parent contract is to build and foster the development
of a school-parent partnership to help all children achieve the school’s high standards.
Responsibility for improved student achievement will be shared by parents, children,
teachers and management. It is the school’s responsibility to provide high-quality
curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective environment that enables
the children to meet the school’s student performance standards. Each parent is
responsible for supporting his/her child’s learning, such as monitoring attendance,
homework completion and leisure time activities; attending parent-teacher meetings;
and participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of his/her
children and monitoring positive use of extracurricular time.
COMMITMENT of MANAGEMENT
- The Board is committed to offering quality education for post-elementary students
and prepare them for a post-secondary college or world of work.
- The objective of our school, principal and staff is to create a positive learning
environment in which the mental, physical and social capacities of each student
are fully developed.
I want my child to achieve. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- See that my child is punctual and attends school regularly.
- Support the school in its effort to maintain proper discipline
- Establish a time for homework and review it regularly.
- Provide a quiet well-lighted place for study.
- Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
- Stay aware of what my child is learning and his/her progress in each class.
- Conscientiously and diligently remit the yearly parental contribution/schoolfees.
- Accept and support the implementation of our school rules and regulations.
Parent name & signature: